Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Stumbling block (literally)...

Remember when I said on my run the other night, I could hear "scuff scuff scuff" when I got tired?  Well, I also wasn't picking my feet up high enough, and stubbed my toe on some uneven sidewalk (the joys of urban barefooting).  Didn't think much of it at the time, it smarted, but didn't break the skin or do more than make me take about 2 hopping steps and swear.

Well, I jacked it up good.  Granted, this is the same toe I've broken a few times, so I can jack it up by *looking* at it wrong.  Pretty painful and doing a lot of popping when I bend it.  I don't think it's actually broken, though.

So, a couple of days off of running, and perhaps a run or two in my cushioned trainers to make sure that it heals up completely before I run shoeless again.  Kind of sucks, since I know we're not going to have weather like this much longer.  But I've learned my lesson well enough, both shod and unshod, to let injuries rest.

So, if I get all my homework done tonight, hopefully I'll be able to fill in the time with some musings on my "shoes" in the next couple of days.

Happy Running!




No comments:

Post a Comment